I'M A Celebrity is now under threat as the First Minister of Wales has threatened to ban English people from crossing the border.
Mark Drakeford has told Boris Johnson he will ban people living in coronavirus hotspots in England from crossing the border from Friday.
Police commissioners in Wales have suggested there could be road blocks to enforce the ban and police will follow up tips from the public dobbing in border-crossers.
Most people in Wales are unable to leave their county without a "reasonable excuse" such as work.
So it may become impossible for ITV to get the celebrity contestants and crew into the country in time for the show's launch.
I'm A Celeb bosses have been forced to monitor the lockdown crisis in Wales closely since relocating the show there from Australia.
Producers are concerned that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic will put a ban on filming taking place if PM Boris Johnson enforces stricter rules – and are prepared for every eventuality.
A source told The Sun Online last week that reports the show is in chaos are untrue and bosses aren’t looking to cancel the show but are monitoring the situation closely.
The Sun Online has contacted ITV for comment.
But despite the ever-changing restrictions, preparations are still going full steam ahead and yesterday the Dingo Dollars challenge phonebox was delivered to Gwrych Castle ready for the series launch.
Also this week I'm a Celebrity fever hit the tiny Welsh town where the show will film after coronavirus ruled out a trip to Australia.
Locals have decorated the high street with endless pictures of I'm A Celeb hosts Ant and Dec.
Shop owners in Abergele's high street in North Wales have gone all out to welcome the show by hanging I'm A Celeb memorabilia in shop windows, while a local artist even splashed a huge murial on the side of a building in a funny tribute.
I'm A Celeb have already been forced to relocate the show from its usual Australian jungle to a castle in Wales due to travel restrictions.
And last month, it was revealed that filming was under threat as Wales faced new restrictions on social bubbles and meeting indoors.
New guidance said that residents of Conwy, where venue Gwrych Castle is, will no longer be able to "form extended households" – banning the meeting of any people who don't live together.
Most devastatingly for the show's production team, "people will not be allowed to enter or leave the Conwy County Borough area without a reasonable excuse".
Even if the cast and crew do manage to enter the castle's borough, the ban on bubbles will make it difficult for this year's stars to be allowed to film together – and the prevention of indoor mingling could force the celebs outside in the harsh British winter.
An ITV spokesman told The Sun Online at the time: "I'm A Celebrity continues to adhere to all relevant guidelines as well as our own strict Covid protocols."
Despite the ongoing concerns behind-the-scenes, it appears to be business as usual for fans – with I'm A Celeb teasing the first glimpse of the series with a hilarious new trailer.
Hosts Ant and Dec starred in the brief clip ahead of the show's planned return next month.
It is yet to be revealed which celebs will be appearing in the upcoming series, but Vernon Kay, AJ Pritchard, and Tamzin Outhwaite have all been linked.
Source: Read Full Article